Bacon was a great man versed in religion, philosophery and science. Above is one page of his Advancement in Learning is reproduced from the Collier's Publishers edition of 1905. He clearly advocated for a Creation by God, the Fall into sin by man, and God's judgment in the Flood of Noah's time as literal events.
"Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount St Alban… ( 22 January 1561 – 9 April 1626) was an English philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist, orator, and author. He served both as Attorney General and as Lord Chancellor of England. After his death, he remained extremely influential through his works, especially as philosophical advocate and practitioner of the scientific method during the scientific revolution.
Bacon has been called the father of empiricism. His works argued for the possibility of scientific knowledge based only upon inductive reasoning and careful observation of events in nature. Most importantly, he argued this could be achieved by use of a sceptical and methodical approach whereby scientists aim to avoid misleading themselves." From Wikipedia.
Do we understand that the "Scientific Method" was by in large developed by men "thinking God's Thoughts after Him"? The evolutionary philosophy has been present throughout the history of mankind and has continually been refuted.
Let us give God the Glory He has already.
How do we grasp the Glory of God? For even in the presence of a now corrupted creation the complexity and beauty of it shines through. I call these kinds of pictures the "Communion of Insects and Flowers".
To God Be The Glory
This cloud formation makes me think of Jesus Christ's return to the earth at the end of the Age. I long to see His coming in the clouds.
Revelation 1 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
But the Biblical scriptures also say:
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
"Come Lord Jesus Christ, Come"
Top photo is in the Jordan Valley at sunset. There is a Bedouin camp in the foreground. Possibly Mt Nebo is in the background. The lower photo is of an Arabic man in Jordan leading his donkey. There are precious people in Jordan and Israel and other Middle East states. Let us "Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem" and the region.
And let us remember "for God so love the world (all peoples) that he gave His Son (to die on a cross by shedding His blood for our sins) that whosoever believes in Him (Jesus Christ) will be saved from his sins (forgiven and placed within right relationship with God). John 3:16 paraphrased.
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Genesis and Other Books of Bible
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- ICE AGE
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- God's Creation and Scripture
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
- Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood, Others, Bible Pages
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL
- Links To Other Sites