The above picture is a probable example of massive water slurried sequential mud depostion and evential massive erosion. These strata are at about 7000 feet above sea level in western New Mexico USA. This can be considered consistent with the Noah Flood Account. (photo by JGL)
"This specimen comes from the Cretaceous chalk of Kansas. It’s a nearly complete skeleton of a 12 foot Xiphactinus fish with another smaller fish partly digested within the stomach of the large fish. The smaller fish is Gillicus arcuatus and would have been about 4 feet long. The ends of the jaws were sticking out of the rock and broken down with all teeth weathered away and the top of the skull is badly damaged. This specimen was excavated by George F Sternberg in 1925." From a letter from the Smithsonian.
Image from the Smithsonian-permit for educational use. “Courtesy of Smithsonian Institution.”
A trimmed photo (older image of the Smithsonian). The smaller fish can be seen between the ribs of the larger fish-so it is within the larger fish not underneath it. The most reasonable way this combination of fossils could have occured was within a massive, rapid, mud slurry that engulfed the larger fish thus engulfing and petrifying both fish before either could significantly deteriorate. This may have occured by the fishes being deposited as part of a massive influx of what secular geology calls the Western Interior Sea. Another way to view this is that it represents some of the rapid yet massive ebb and flow of muddy matricies during the Noah Flood Account. Please note that the larger fish's back is arched as happens in the "throws of death" of many animals.
One might say this is an isolated example of a local burial of a live or recently alive tree before burial and petrification.It is not. I have looked at 100's-thousands of fossil trees, in situ. Catastrophic burial is common, if not always the case, and it is regional at several levels of strata.As well, this is most likely worldwide.
Fossilization can occur very rapidly, days to weeks, in the right conditions. Do we understand the implications of these findings?
Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature..."
Even in the early/mid 1800's the concept of Pangea was seen within the context of a worldwide flood.
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- ICE AGE
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood, Others, Bible Pages
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL
- Links To Other Sites