The Jordan River is in the middle of the land and runs vertical in picture and separates the nations of Israel and Jordan. Great valleys drain into the Jordan River Basin. Sea of Galilee is in the north (top of picture) and the Dead Sea in the south (bottom of picture).
8 "But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.
9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness..."
(from KJV and photo by jgl on Sea of Galilee)
"Bees beat their wings about 200 times a second. Their thorax muscles do not contract on each nerve firing, but rather vibrate like a plucked rubber band. This is efficient, since it lets the system consisting of muscle and wing operate at its resonant frequency, leading to low energy consumption. Further, it is necessary, since insect motor nerves generally cannot fire 200 times per second. These types of muscles are called asynchronous muscles and are found in the insect wing systems in families such as Hymenoptera, Diptera, Coleoptera, and Hemiptera..."
"Bees have five eyes, two large compound eyes and three ocelli. The compound eyes are situated on either side of the bee’s head... The compound eyes are composed of thousands of little lenses or facets. Together, the facets help bees see color, movement, and patterns. The images from all of the lenses in a single compound eye are believed to be joined into a single image in the bee’s brain..."
43 "The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph..." KJV
(see book and links below for more information)
"Et-Tel, the mound identified as ancient Bethsaida, is located on a basaltic spur north of the Sea of Galilee, near the inflow of the Jordan River into the Sea of Galilee. ... The name Bethsaida means 'house of the hunt' in Hebrew..."
(see link below from mfa.il.gov)
As I have said before-do we really begin to understand the marvelous Creation of God? And also, do we begin to understand how sin has corrupted it? I marvel at life forms from simple insects to the great elephants and whales. (For more of these kinds of thoughts see book listed below.)
To God Be The Glory
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- ICE AGE
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood, Others, Bible Pages
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL