The Glory of God: Sunset in the Jordan Valley with Mt. Nebo in the Background and Bedouin Tents in the Foreground
What did Peter the Apostle say about himself and others? (This is in Response to what some believe regarding the Pope as the head of the Christian Church.)
"1 Peter 2 King James Version (KJV)
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;"
Comment: Peter, the Apostle, clearly understood that Jesus Christ is the bedrock (petra) upon which believers in him as little stones (petros) are built to form a spiritual house to God.(Read Matthew 16:18 in Greek.)
The Pope on evolution by Lita Cosner
Published: 1 November 2014 (GMT+10) wikipedia.org
'Roman Catholics consider Pope Francis (Jorge Mario Bergoglio, b. 1936) to be the successor to the Apostle Peter, and therefore having authority over Christians worldwide. Protestant creationists today have another reason to be glad that we reject this error.
The Vatican quotes Pope Francis:
When we read in Genesis the account of Creation, we risk imagining God as a magus, with a magic wand able to make everything. But that is not so. He created beings and allowed them to develop according to the internal laws that He gave to each one, so that they were able to develop and arrive at their fullness of being. … And so creation continued for centuries and centuries, millennia and millennia, until it became which we know today, precisely because God is not a demiurge or conjurer, but the Creator who gives being to all things. The beginning of the world is not the work of chaos that owes its origin to another, but derives directly from a supreme Origin that creates out of love. The Big Bang, which nowadays is posited as the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine act of creating, but rather requires it. The evolution of nature does not contrast with the notion of Creation, as evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve."
My, JGL,Comment: As shown on this website and the link below and many other sites, evolution is the foundation for atheistic worldviews. Why would the Pope support this? See some answers at the link below.
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Genesis and Other Books of Bible
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- ICE AGE
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- God's Creation and Scripture
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
- Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood, Others, Bible Pages
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL
- Links To Other Sites