Nathanael "Nate" Saint (August 30, 1923 – January 8, 1956) was an evangelical Christian missionary pilot to Ecuador who, along with four others, was killed while attempting to evangelize the Huaorani people through efforts known as Operation Auca...Nate Saint was born in 1923. When he was seven he took his first plane ride with his brother Sam, who would eventually become a commercial pilot for American Airlines. While in the airplane he discovered a love of flying.
...In September 1955, Nate was joined by his teammates, Jim Elliot, Ed McCully, Pete Fleming, and Roger Youderian. Saint finally found a [Huaorani also known as Aucas] settlement while searching by air. To reach the tribe, Saint and the team lowered gifts to the Huaorani in a bucket tied to the plane.
... Finally, the missionaries decided to try to meet the Huaorani on the ground; and, on January 3, 1956, using the beach as a landing strip, they set up camp four miles from the Huaorani settlement. Their initial contact was encouraging; however, on Sunday, January 8, 1956, the entire team was killed on the beach (known as "Palm Beach") when armed Huaorani met and speared them.
...Rachel Saint, Nate's sister, continued the mission efforts to the Huaorani, which eventually came to fruition. This resulted in many of these natives becoming Christians, including those who had killed Saint...." From: Wikipedia
In 1995 Nate's son, Steve Saint, took his family to live among the Huaorani people. As far as I know he continues to minister among them. For more information see the movie End of the Spear. That we might all be inspired to be so dedicated to sharing God's word and compassion among the peoples of the world.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.King James Version (KJV)by Public Domain
Dr Carl Wieland: A True Defender of the Faith-retires from CMI. God Bless him and his wife in their further calling in the Lord. (See link to article below.)
"BiographyAfter 41 years of activity and prominence in the creation movement, the last 28 of them as the fulltime Managing Director of the ministry that eventually became Creation Ministries International in Brisbane, Australia, Dr Carl Wieland commenced a well-earned retirement from active creation ministry in early 2015.
His successor as CEO of CMI-Australia, head scientist Dr Don Batten, said at the time, “These are big shoes to fill, but one of the hallmarks of Dr Wieland’s decades of exemplary service was a commitment to making sure that the CMI did not focus on individuals, personalities or ‘name recognition’, but rather on a team approach." From CMI online. For more information see link below.
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood and Other Biblical Ones
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL