Partial dragonfly fossil from the Solnhofen limestone.
What is seen in the fossil record of life forms is stasis-a lack of macro-change within geological zones and in fossil vs living forms or so called "living fossils" such as the dragonfly. I do not know of any "transition" fossil life forms. Because of this lack of evidence for evolution, the changing of one life form into another, the philosophical concept of punctuated equilibrium was conceived. It is NOT a scientific observable process, but is necessary if one assumes the philosophical views of macro-evolution, e.g. genetic relatedness among basic groups of life forms.
In contrast, the observed data can just as easily be put within creation (design) and a worldwide flood. However, assumptions are made here too-e.g. complexity of structure in life forms argues for a designer and that worldwide geological apparent sedimentary strata are the residues of massive worldwide flooding. As a scientist, knowing some of the interfacing of science/philosophy/religion, I choose to place these data within the context of a worldwide flood and also a Creator.
Our children should be taught to think critically and not just root concepts of evolution in public school. I have written an article on the interfacing of Religion, Science and Philosophy-see link below for more information. Also, the book I have written on the Noah Flood as a True Narrative Representation has information as well-see book section this website.
The complexity of flight can not be explained by the suppositions of evolution. Many different life forms glide but only a few actually fly: some Insects, most avian and a few mammals (bat species). Possibly pterosaurs (reptiles) flew-but are extinct and thus not observed to fly. All flyers have intricate structures for flying. Evolution can not explain such complex structures. Design is a more reasonable assumption. As such true science can only observe common structural similarities and not genetic relatedness.
See store for the book The Beauty of God's Creation (in the Midst of Corruption) for more information.
Hummingbirds are marvelous flyers-with common and unique design features among birds. Uniquely they can hover but fly forwards, up/down/sideways with great agility. However, they do "fight" over food and territory and males for females. These latter qualities could be considered part of the Fall post sin of Adam and Eve and when the earth and its life forms began to degenerate physically and in habit/behavior-per the Bible: See Romans Chapter 8-part below.
18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now." KJV
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- ICE AGE
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood, Others, Bible Pages
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL
- Links To Other Sites