The United States had many problems during the founding of it. But, there was a sense by a large number of people, including many of its leaders, that the moral base of a society had to be a reverence of God-and for most this meant the God of the Bible. The Bible gives clear ethical teachings that are then to be worked out in the morals of the routine daily living. It is clear that God will honor and help those who call upon His name. Let us call upon Him now to help us to lead honorable lives: being faithful to our wives (or husbands), to be honest in our work, to care for the sick and infirm. To give hope to those who have lost hope. We need to teach our children these principles as well.
The spire in the background is called Church Rock. It is composed of designated Upper Jurassic Zuni Sandstone and below it various sub-units of designated Mid-lower Jurassic Entrada strata. It is though by some geologists that it, the strata, formed over millions of years, even with a 50 million gap in the middle, by ebbing seas and dry sand dunes. It then slowly eroded. Yet, it has been shown that sand dunes can form under water. One very large strata, in thickness and expanse, the Coconino layer in Grand Canyon, could have formed under water. See link below. So, how one views these observations, e.g. formation of the strata, is largely based on one's worldview. These observations can be consistent with the deposition of the strata during Noah Flood Account, and subsequent run-off and erosion post flood. (Image by JGL)
Modern Dragonflies have a similar external structure as the fossil ones from the Solnhofen Limestone in Bavaria. Many if not most are the same size as well. As far as I can tell no one has sequenced any DNA from a fossil Dragonfly. I would expect it not to yield surprises. So called "Living Fossils" present significant problems for evolution-especially if they come from the insect kingdom where replication is very frequent in large numbers. The data fit better with a "young age" of the earth and a creative act. (Clarification: The dragonfly may be from one of the tar pits near the La Brea pit, but of the same assumed age.)
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. From KJV
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood and Other Biblical Ones
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL
- False gods through the Ages