Catastrophic Rapid Deposition and Fossilization seen in Petrified Wood from Arizona:Evidence of Noah's Flood?
Fossil Schilderia: a fossil tree, is found within clayey sanstone strata in Arizona. One trunk,left, is crushed with rays still intact; and the other non-crushed has rays intact as well. Both fossil trunks are from nearby areas but have very different minerals involved in the fossilization process. Red, pink, and orange=ferric iron,black= manganese, and white natural quartz, and both would have silica. Each is without bark and probably limbs (but one is too short to notice).There is no evidence of degradation of the woody portion of the trunk. The strata, consistent with flood strata, in which these fossils are found are present throughout the Southwest US and even the Eastern US. However, schilderia was initially identified from Adamana AZ. The areas where these fossils are found are now High Desert (6500 ft above sea level). They represent examples of what appears to have been massive flooding and subsequent uplifting of the land in the past-and probably a "recent" past. See section on Geology in the Creation/evolution section of this website-for further explanation.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Blog site of John G Leslie PhD, MD, PhD. Please see Home page for information. As well, there is an email contact tab available-see next tab: CONTACT US.
- Home Page
- Genesis and Other Books of Bible
- Principles of God In Creation
Issues in Creation and Evolution
- Impact of Mutations on Biologic Design >
- DNA and Structural Homology Studies That Argue Against Evolution >
- History of Support for Creation Worldview and in Opposition to Evolution Ones
- Evolutionism and Its Use to Fight Against Christianity
Geology and the Flood
- Plate Techtonics, Folds and Gaps in Geologic Strata Consistent with The Flood >
- Evidence For Rapid Complete or Partial Fossilization
- Evidence for a Young Age of the Earth >
- Glossopteris and Other Fossil Evidence for Earth as One Land Mass
- Evidence for Catastrophic Deposition on earth >
- Cambrian Explosion
- The Geologic Column
- ICE AGE
- God's Creation in Photography 1
- God's Creation in Art
- God's Creation and Scripture
- The Interfacing of Religion, Philosophy, and Science
- Medical and Other Ethics from a Christian Perspective
Christian Theology and Evangelism
- Biblical Archaeology
- Archaeology and Culture of the Middle East
- Bible Sites: Israel and Jordan
- Anthropological Evidence: Worldwide Flood
- Images of Noah's Flood, Others, Bible Pages
- Biographies of Christians and Creationists who are scientists
- Dissertations/Papers of John G Leslie
- Bible Sections As True Narrative Representations
- The Final Chapter
- Blog: Defending the Christian Faith
- Store:Books and Writings of JGL
- Links To Other Sites